Ben Calkins is a well educated, top rated, and highly experienced business law attorney.
Ben Calkins is an honors graduate of Harvard College and the University of Michigan Law School. After law school, he clerked for a Federal Judge before joining one of the World’s largest law firms, Squire, Sanders & Dempsey. Mr. Calkins has also worked at, and been a partner in, several of the most prominent “old style law firms” in the World.
Mr. Calkins became aware of the complaints about such “old style law firms” while working at them decades ago. From the start of his career, he was committed to complete and total client satisfaction. He recalls, with some pride, a client at his first law firm telling him that he was the only attorney the client had ever met who did what he said he would, and when he said he would, and for how much he said he would. Mr. Calkins has done just that for every client and with every matter – doing what he said he would do, and when he said he would do it, and for the agreed upon fee. Over the years, Mr. Calkins was shocked and embarrassed when he observed his colleagues at the old style firms violate that very basic rule of client service to which Mr. Calkins had committed himself.
In launching his own business law boutique, The Calkins Law Firm, Ltd., Ben Calkins acted on his commitment to providing, for businesses and their owners, a combination of extraordinary expertise and vast experience, together with unsurpassed responsiveness and surprising affordability.
The entire team at The Calkins Law Firm, Ltd. is committed to providing businesses and their owners with this combination of extraordinary expertise and vast experience, together with unsurpassed responsiveness and surprising affordability.
How does The Calkins Law Firm, Ltd. accomplish this rare feat for its clients? We staff matters exclusively with well educated, top rated, and highly experienced attorneys. And we staff matters leanly and leverage modern technology to dramatically reduce legal fees and costs.
Ben Calkins and his team at The Calkins Law Firm, Ltd. have assisted literally hundreds of clients in building and operating successful businesses and in resolving related business disputes. Practice areas of particular focus have included and continue to include business formation and planning, contracts and general corporate business advice, mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance, real estate and dispute resolution and commercial litigation and arbitration.
The Calkins Law Firm, Ltd. typically delights its clients every day with the results that its team is able to achieve for them, and charges substantially less per hour than the comparable old style firms do, and typically accomplishes the client’s objectives while investing fewer billable hours. Obviously there can be no guaranty regarding results to be achieved and regarding costs as they will both vary from case to case.
Expert specializing in cost effective legal solutions for businesses & their owners. Contact me today.
- Co-founder of The Center for Free Enterprise
- Former President of the Harvard Club of Northeast Ohio.
- Former President of Ohio Venture Association.
- Co-founder of the North Coast Angel Fund, one of largest angel funds in America.
- Ben is also active with his church, a 4-H leader, and contributes in numerous other ways throughout the community.
- Ben maintains a perfect 10 “Superb” rating from Avvo.com
- He was presented the Client Distinction Award by Martindale Hubbell which is awarded to less than 1% of the country’s attorneys.
- Ben has repeatedly been named a Super Lawyer.
- He has been featured in both Who’s Who in America and Who’s Who in American Law.
- Ben is a 2017 Marquis Who’s Who winner of the Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award for exemplary service.